I’m an advocate of the personality test because understanding yourself and others are always a good thing. Knowing your personality can be helpful for many reasons including:
- You can understand why you do things, what motivates you, how you think and what you value
- You can identify your strengths and weakness so you can develop both and especially use what your good at
- You can work to change the things you want to improve
- You can adapt, manage, develop and use your personality to get the most out of it
- You can accept it and love it
I’m not about personality being a box people are put in and being something that is restricting. Personality is dynamic and the personality test is simply a tool to know yourself better. It allows you to know what you’ve got so you can work with it.
Knowing about personality also helps you to understand, appreciate and get along with people of different personality types. The first step is being aware that differences exist and the second step is understanding those differences. Conflict can be avoided by understanding how other people see things since we all think differently and value different things.
Get to know and love your personality but remember you are more than your personality, and personality tests will only reveal a part of your personality. Different tests may show you different things about yourself but there will be unique things about you that don’t match the personality profiles. No personality test will be able to describe or explain you completely but their worth comes from the amount they do explain.
Here’s a selection for you to try:
- MBTI– The most accurate test I’ve found
- Enneagram– The second most accurate test I’ve found that is close to becoming the most accurate the more I look into it
- DISC– A test I need to look into more but seems accurate
- Visual DNA– A really fun and different type of test
- Four temperaments– Not as accurate but still helpful
- A whole stack of different tests
I know not everyone is a fan of personality test but they’ve been very valuable in my life. What do you think of the personality test and which ones do think are most accurate?
Stay tuned for a post about MBTI – the best personality test I’ve found that has helped me so much.