Touch is good for us, we feel it on ourselves when getting a hug or a caress from someone we love. But did you also know that:
Institute of Touch of the University of Maiami shows that human touch has multiple natural and emotional benefits for people of every age or group.
- Reduces pain
- Improves the functionality of the lungs
- Increases the development of babies
- Reduces glucose in blood
- Improves the functionality of the immune system
- Human touch is important for every age but studies show that children that reach to the age of 18 receive at this age only the half of touching that they received in the previews years of their development.
- Adults touch each other even less.
- Babies who are nurtured with touching, gain weight much quicker and have high levels of intellectual and funtional development.
- Adults as well need to touch each other but many times there are limits and fears related to our society.
- Many times human touch is related to sexuality and this prevents people to continue touching out of fear.
- Scientists have discovered that touch energizes cranial nevres and neurons and calm down the tachycardia and stress.
- Also pressure and anger due to psycological reasons can be reduced dramatically through human touching.
- The elders are touching each other even less and this is a characteristic of the older people.
Sources: Adoption.com: The Importance of Touch
The Importance of Touch in Parent- Infant Bonding
The New York Times: The Experience of Touch: Research Points to a Critical Role
Univeristy of Miami Touch Research Institute: General Information About TRI Research
Karger Gazette: The Importance of Touch